Flex systems provide more performance and bandwidth, true integrated SAN storage and far more capability to consolidate and virtualise than previous systems.
Businesses can now go beyond blade servers and have a flexible architecture to support your needs today and also multiple generations of future technologies with Flex System; by bringing together servers, networking and storage under integrated management.
- Price-optimised entry compute nodes to performance-optimised 4- and 8-socket compute nodes for your most demanding applications
- Available with high-performance x86 EX processors and industry-leading memory capability for x86-based compute nodes and the latest IBM® POWER™ processors for maximum performance and efficiency
- Double-dense design can support the equivalent of 28 nodes per Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Storage capabilities optimised for efficiency and performance
- Optional Flex System V7000 Storage Node offers storage virtualisation, Real-time Compression™ to reduce capacity needs, and Easy Tier® to optimise data placement
- High IOP scalable storage using eXFlash DIMMs for fast, consistent local storage
Flex System X6 compute nodes
- With eXFlash memory-channel storage, the Flex System X6 compute nodes can deliver up to 12.8 TB of ultra-low latency flash storage—unmatched in an x86 blade server
- Equipped with the Intel Xeon E7 v2 processors, the Flex System X6 compute nodes can deliver up to 12 TB of memory and 120 cores of processing
- The Flex System X6 compute nodes can host business critical applications, implement large virtual machines or run in- memory databases without compromises in performance, capacity or scalability