Solve the Data Protection Officer challenge and stay on track for GDPR compliance
Finding and retaining a person with the right skills and expertise to advise on data protection issues is a challenge. Equally, not all organisations will have enough work to keep a full-time, permanent DPO occupied.
Accessing the skills and knowledge you need as a service through Northdoor will help you address the compliance demands of the GDPR and related legislation. Our service removes the difficulty, cost and distraction of needing to find, employ and retain a permanent employee.
Tap into expert DPO advice
The Northdoor Data Protection Advisory Service is designed to help organisations rapidly and cost-effectively access the right expertise for helping address compliance with data protection regulations like the GDPR. With this simple annual subscription – tailored to fit your specific requirements – Northdoor assigns an expert Data Protection Advisor to serve as an independent data protection specialist for your organisation.
To augment the Data Protection Advisory Service, Northdoor offers a range of complementary services, scoped according to your needs.
What is the Northdoor Data Protection Advisory Service?
With this annual subscription service, you can rapidly and cost-effectively access the expertise you need for addressing compliance with data protection regulations.
Via a simple subscription, Northdoor provides an expert Data Protection Advisor as required to serve as an independent data protection specialist.
Your Advisor can assist with the implementation of privacy-by-design and data protection impact assessments, serve as the contact point for data protection authorities, and oversee data breach management and reporting.
Northdoor’s Data Protection Advisory service includes:
- Advising on the implementation and outcomes of privacy-by-design and data protection impact assessments
- Serving as the contact point for data protection authorities
- Overseeing data breach management and reporting
- Attending and providing updates at quarterly board meetings.
Northdoor’s decades of experience in the protection and governance of enterprise data have enabled us to build a comprehensive portfolio of services around compliance with data protection regulations such as the GDPR.
Our services are modular, highly adaptable and can be applied at all stages of any regulatory compliance programme.
How to tell if you need a Data Protection Officer
Many companies are finding that there is a market shortage of individuals trained to handle the DPO’s responsibilities. Tapping into external expertise will help your organisation address the compliance demands of data protection regulations while staying focused on your core business activities.
1. Your organisation is a public authority or body
In the UK, all government departments, agencies and other public bodies (including local councils) must appoint a DPO.
2. Your core business activity is monitoring individuals regularly and systematically on a large scale
Surprisingly, this can include paying employees, providing standard IT support, email remarketing and location tracking through apps.
3. Your core business activity consists of processing large-scale special categories of personal data or data relating to criminal offences
GDPR defines ‘special categories of personal data’ as ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical and mental health (among others). If you process this type of data on a large scale, including data relating to criminal offences, you must appoint a DPO.
Northdoor can provide the following related data protection services:
- Organising the training of staff involved in data processing operations.
- Advising on data protection impact assessment (DPIA), their implementation and their outcomes.
- Serving as the contact point for data protection authorities for all data protection issues.
- Data breach management and reporting.
- Serving as the contact point for data subjects on privacy matters, including subject access requests.
Latest Blog Articles
Northdoor wins Security Solution of the Year at the '2021 European IT and Software Excellence Awards'.
Northdoor wins Security Solution of the Year at the ‘European IT & Software Excellence Awards 2021’ with a solution that defends against cyber crime.
Refresh your IBM Power landscape for rapid ROI – a case study on what’s possible
Refresh your IBM Power environment for up to 179% ROI over five years. Sign up for a free IBM Power Costs (TCO) study with Northdoor plc.