Security of your personal data
Your privacy is important to Northdoor; maintaining your trust is paramount to us.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of providing support IT support services to you;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
What do we use your information for?
- to enable your use of the services available on the website;
- for support purposes – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your service requests and support needs;
- for marketing purposes – for example, we may send you information regarding Workbooks and its partners, such as details of promotions or events;
- for order processing – the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your orders;
- to send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- to send to you marketing communications relating to our business, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website.
- We may disclose information about you to suppliers and subcontractors to the extent reasonably necessary to deliver our services
- for support activities;
- for courier or delivery services.
- to deliver some or all of the following; IP address look up, Email click tracking and Web click tracking
- In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- We may disclose information about you to other members of the Northdoor group of companies.
International Data Transfers
- A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We may use “session” cookies, “persistent” and “Google advertising” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. We will use Google advertising cookies to collect data about your traffic and identifiers, also to link activity across devices and measure conversion events but it is done in a way that does not personally identify you.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
Conversion / Tracking pixels
We pay for advertising from marketing partners on other sites, for example Facebook/LinkedIn. These third parties sometimes require that we put a tiny image (“pixel”) from their site on any landing pages that users might arrive at. These pixels can create cookies for the third party so we can work with them to understand how successful their marketing campaign was. We also need to understand where a user came from, so that, if the user goes on to sign up on our Website, we can pay the correct marketing partner for their service. This website uses retargeting services from the social network LinkedIn. LinkedIn collects certain information via cookies to determine which web pages are visited. This data is then used to associate your browser with demographic categories, and serve LinkedIn ads based on your past visits to this website. Please note that any information collected by LinkedIn via cookies is not linked to any customer’s personal information collected by us.
You may instruct us to provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about you. This data will be provided in a portable format.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
You may instruct us to remove your personal data we use for the purposes set out above by email at any time.
You may instruct us to correct any incorrect personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to object to processing of any personal information will hold about you.
You have the right to prevent your data being used by Google Analytics via current Google Analytics opt-outs for the web.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The Data Controller, Northdoor plc, 168-172 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BP