Software Asset Management (SAM) is a business practice that involves managing and optimising the purchase, deployment, maintenance, utilisation and disposal of software applications within an organisation. Part of an organisation’s IT strategy, it aims to reduce costs and mitigate risks associated with inappropriate software deployment.
Working closely with IBM to provide software asset management (SAM) services. It is incredibly important for companies to comply with software regulations at all times. This is particularity useful for large organisations who need to redistribute software licences and efficiently manage any business or legal implications associated with software ownership, use and expiration.
Selecting Northdoor to integrate IBM’s software asset management into your IT business strategy delivers a whole host of benefits. In summary they include:
- Improve cost savings and control over IT expenditure
- Optimise investment and utilisation of your software assets
- Mitigate risks associated with improper software deployment
- Increase the efficiency and agility of your IT resources
There are a whole host of SAM technologies that are available to support key asset processes: These include:
- Software inventory tools
- License manager solutions
- Software metering tools
- Application control tools
- Software deployment tools
- Patch management tools
- Request management tools
- Product catalogue tools
- Northdoor is an accredited partner of IBM, Microsoft and Oracle. We has extensive relationships with other 3rd party software vendors. The breadth of our technical expertise and partnerships means that we can help you not only with a specific technology but across your entire software portfolio.
- With more than 20 years of experience in IT consultancy, Northdoor focuses on delivering services and solutions aligned to the client’s business strategy and objectives. We bring a structured approach to advising and implementing a Software Asset Management plan based on the client’s specific business and IT environment. We also provide maintenance renewal or managed services where required, allowing the client to focus on their strategic initiatives.
Learn how we helped one of our clients with our asset management software solutions: