Expertise in systems consolidation
Complexity can work its way into any IT infrastructure, driven by the rollout of new applications and unanticipated change. However, adding servers in response to each demand for new workloads drives the need for more datacenter space, power, cooling, network cabling, data storage and administrative resources. Such complexity leads to inefficiency. The answer is virtualisation, which allows organisations to consolidate multiple operating systems and software stacks on a single platform.
x86 server virtualisation
Today’s x86 server technology has reached new levels of computing capacity, with more processor cores, more memory, and faster I/O. To harness these capacities more efficiently, VMware® vSphere Hypervisor can virtualise physical servers, storage, and networking, allowing multiple operating systems and their applications to run independently in virtual machines while sharing physical resources.
VMware vSphere delivers uncompromised control over all IT resources with the highest efficiency and choice in the industry. With over 250,000 customers worldwide, VMware vSphere is the trusted platform for any application.
VMware virtualisation together with VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager can help you:
- Reduce costs and maximise IT efficiency: Reduce capital and operational expense and minimise potential lost revenue due to downtime, outages and failures.
- Increase application availability and control: Automate the enforcement of service-level agreements to ensure availability, security and scalability of enterprise applications. Perform non-disruptive testing and planned migrations.
- Empower your IT department with choice: Deliver applications and business services on-demand with the freedom to choose your hardware, application architecture, operating system, and private or public cloud infrastructure.
- Expand disaster protection to all your applications and smaller sites with vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
- Reduce the cost of disaster recovery by consolidating your recovery infrastructure and using cost-efficient vSphere Replication with centralised recovery plans.
IBM Power Systems Virtualisation
PowerVM™ provides the industrial-strength virtualisation solution for IBM Power Systems servers and blades. Based on more than a decade of evolution and innovation, PowerVM represents the state of the art in enterprise virtualisation and is broadly deployed in production environments worldwide by most Power Systems owners. PowerVM provides a secure and scalable server virtualisation environment for AIX, i (“AS/400”, “iSeries”) and Linux applications built upon the advanced RAS (reliability, availability, and serviceability) features and leading performance of the Power Systems platform.
- PowerVM Express Edition is designed for users looking for an introduction to more advanced virtualisation features with up to three partitions on the server.
- PowerVM Standard Edition includes features designed to allow businesses to increase system utilisation while helping to ensure applications continue to get the resources they need.
- PowerVM Enterprise Edition adds Active Memory Sharing between partitions and Live Partition Mobility. Live Partition Mobility allows for the movement of a running partition from one server to another with no application downtime.
Learn how we helped our clients:
Paul Donovan Head of IT
Clarel Sookun Head of IT
Latest Blog Articles
Can you trust your supply chain with your data?
Is your supply chain putting your organisation at risk? Here’s how to review gaps in supply chain security with Northdoor 360 degree assessment.
Northdoor partners with Egress to help organisations defend against human-activated cyber threats
Northdoor partners with Egress to help organisations defend against cyber threats & data breaches by offering Egress’ Intelligent Cyber Security Solutions.
Aiding compliance in a changing technology environment
Northdoor helped a SOXs audited client with a large Linux estate manage technology change in a compliant & robust way.