Integrating diverse data and content sources
When data sources exist as disparate silos of information, it’s hard to gain an integrated, complete view of your business. Data federation provides a cost-effective way to increase visibility across lines of business. IBM InfoSphere Federation Server, part of the IBM InfoSphere portfolio, federates data from diverse sources, such as the mainframe, relational data sources, message queues, Web services, and files.
Leveraging consolidated information increases ROI. In an SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) environment, for example, information can be requested from a virtualised data services layer for a single, unified view. Federated data in the data warehouse can be easily accessed, thus providing a complete, consolidated view of your business. Virtualised real-time access to disparate data sources can increase business visibility to help ensure continued cost savings in any economic climate.
IBM Infosphere Federation Server
IBM InfoSphere Federation Server creates a consolidated view of your data to support key business processes and decisions and allows you to access and integrate diverse data and content sources as if they were a single resource—regardless of where the information resides.
- Combine data from disparate sources such as Db2, Oracle, and SQL Server into a single virtual view
- Access, join, and manipulate data of different formats such as relational, mainframe, and XML from the same interface
- Interface with standard SQL tools, development environments, portals and other standard IT infrastructure components
- Incorporate data from multiple sources such as up-to-the-minute inventory, sales, and customer information into reports and analytics with a single query
- Insert, delete, or update multiple data sources simultaneously no matter where the information is located
- Implement security policies throughout the unified view of the enterprise.
- Enable hybrid data warehousing by collating up-to-date information from production systems with historical information from enterprise data warehouses
Latest Blog Articles
Northdoor wins Security Solution of the Year at the '2021 European IT and Software Excellence Awards'.
Northdoor wins Security Solution of the Year at the ‘European IT & Software Excellence Awards 2021’ with a solution that defends against cyber crime.
Refresh your IBM Power landscape for rapid ROI – a case study on what’s possible
Refresh your IBM Power environment for up to 179% ROI over five years. Sign up for a free IBM Power Costs (TCO) study with Northdoor plc.