Integrating diverse data and content sources
When data sources exist as disparate silos of information, it’s hard to gain an integrated, complete view of your business. Data federation provides a cost-effective way to increase visibility across lines of business. IBM InfoSphere Federation Server, part of the IBM InfoSphere portfolio, federates data from diverse sources, such as the mainframe, relational data sources, message queues, Web services, and files.
Leveraging consolidated information increases ROI. In an SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) environment, for example, information can be requested from a virtualised data services layer for a single, unified view. Federated data in the data warehouse can be easily accessed, thus providing a complete, consolidated view of your business. Virtualised real-time access to disparate data sources can increase business visibility to help ensure continued cost savings in any economic climate.
IBM Infosphere Federation Server
IBM InfoSphere Federation Server creates a consolidated view of your data to support key business processes and decisions and allows you to access and integrate diverse data and content sources as if they were a single resource—regardless of where the information resides.
- Combine data from disparate sources such as Db2, Oracle, and SQL Server into a single virtual view
- Access, join, and manipulate data of different formats such as relational, mainframe, and XML from the same interface
- Interface with standard SQL tools, development environments, portals and other standard IT infrastructure components
- Incorporate data from multiple sources such as up-to-the-minute inventory, sales, and customer information into reports and analytics with a single query
- Insert, delete, or update multiple data sources simultaneously no matter where the information is located
- Implement security policies throughout the unified view of the enterprise.
- Enable hybrid data warehousing by collating up-to-date information from production systems with historical information from enterprise data warehouses
Latest Blog Articles
The rising threat of supply chain vulnerabilities
Discover the impact of growing supply chain threats on organizations. Explore recent high-profile hacks and the need to be proactive.
Strengthening DORA Compliance with IBM Solutions
Discover how IBM’s Solutions empower organisations to achieve DORA compliance effortlessly. Find out about the DORA Assessment workshop.
8 steps to achieve cyber security compliance
Master cyber security compliance in eight crucial steps to put your organisation on the right path with Northdoor.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the very latest insights and updates in the world of enterprise IT and data security: