Azure Synapse Analytics Case study
Feeding Growing Appetites for Analytics: A Retail Case Study
Learn how a retailer accelerated its cloud journey and minimized the risk of disruption during the transition to Azure Synapse Analytics by engaging experts from Northdoor. Read more about the transformation effort and its successful outcome.
This large UK retailer depends on timely analytical insights to help it compete effectively in the UK grocery marketplace. As its on-premises IBM Netezza platform approached end-of-life, the company wanted a scalable, cloud-based replacement to give users rapid and reliable business insights into store, product and point-of-sale data.
Northdoor Solution: Providing an optimal Azure Synapse Analtyics solution
- Designed and implemented the optimal cloud solution to meet the company’s analytics needs
- Developed streamlined analytics processes based on modern DataOps practices
- Provided in-depth knowledge transfer to help the retailer become self-sufficient with the Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics suite
- 25% acceleration in report generation, cutting time-to-insight
- 66% cut in operational costs versus previous IBM Netezza platform
- 30-minute recovery time in the event of disaster, reducing the risk of business disruption
- Auto-shutdown capability optimises costs by only running cloud analytics when required.
“Northdoor delivered a solution to bring our data seamlessly into the cloud, and architected efficient data pipelines to allow analytics at greater speed and scale than previously possible.”
“Throughout the process, Northdoor was always willing to go the extra mile to ensure we succeeded, even when that meant going beyond the original project scope.”
Spokesperson, UK Retailer
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the very latest insights and updates in the world of enterprise IT and data security: