Fast, free, easy-to-implement recommendations to optimise your data storage.
As the cost of data storage has fallen, and as IT spend has become decentralised, most organisations have ended up with a diverse mix of data storage technologies. This creates numerous challenges, most commonly: excessive costs, complex management, and impaired performance.
Drawing on three decades of experience, Northdoor offers a free Client Storage Assessment. Using IBM technology and tools – compatible with enterprise storage environments from any vendor—the assessment provides clear, actionable advice on optimising your storage. Requiring less than 60 minutes of input from your side, the assessment typically results in identified cost-savings opportunities of between 35 and 50 percent.
Request your free storage assessment to:
- Gain a clear picture of your diverse data storage infrastructure
- Determine and visualise over-provisioned storage environments
- Identify opportunities for consolidation and simplification
- Simplify, automate, and accelerate storage management
- Increase the performance of data storage and backup
- Tap into Northdoor’s expertise to transform your storage infrastructure.
The Client Storage Assessment is a free-of-charge offering from IBM. Why should you choose Northdoor to carry it out?
In addition, our breadth of expertise and knowledge spans 30 years and covers multi-vendor environments for major blue-chip enterprises, public-sector organisations, and mid-sized businesses alike.
What can you achieve?
The Client Storage Assessment provides an accurate, quantified picture of your current data storage estate, encompassing all resources, across all vendors and technologies, both on premises and in the cloud.
The resulting report—backed by a free workshop led by a Northdoor storage expert—presents quantified opportunities to cut costs, optimise operations and enhance performance. Working with Northdoor, you can then build out a costed business case for transforming your storage estate to:
- Regain control over your sprawling storage landscape
- Reduce costs today and avoid them in the future
- Simplify and de-risk storage operations
- Boost the performance and scalability of storage
- Enhance the speed and reliability of backup and recovery
- Build a seamless hybrid cloud with a single point of control over all storage assets.
Where’s the proof?
The IBM tool has been successfully used by thousands of organisations worldwide, with average projected TCO savings of between 35 and 50 percent. These assessments reveal that the typical organisation stands to make enormous gains in efficiency, because most storage environments are both under-performing and over-specified.
Globally, organisations have:
- 55% more storage capacity than needed
- 90% overuse of floorspace
- 400% overuse of energy
- 120% more backup capacity than needed
- 450% overspend on backup and software licences.
How does our free assessment work?
The free assessment uses an ultra-light-touch approach, with the agentless collection of storage metadata on capacity and usage. No actual data is ever accessed, and the assessment generates a clear, detailed report. The tool can analyse any storage estate, regardless of vendor, and results are typically delivered within just five days.
The impact on your business is minimal. By investing just one hour of your time, you can achieve significant benefits. The comprehensive report covers:
- Configuration, capacity, consumption, utilisation, and efficiency across your entire storage estate
- Current issues impacting costs, performance, and quality of service
- Recommendations for enhancements, with quantified estimates of the benefits.
What happens after the assessment?
Based on your comprehensive Data Storage Assessment, Northdoor will help you cut storage costs without compromising on performance, scalability, or flexibility.
The approach taken will depend on the findings of your assessment. For instance, consolidating disparate storage arrays through storage virtualisation can help optimise your existing capacity. When combined with Flash storage, a virtualisation approach can significantly improve performance, reclaim under-utilised capacity, simplify management, deliver higher service levels and performance to the business, and reduce your operational costs.
Later, once you have extracted full value from your existing data storage systems, you can replace them with lower-cost systems or cloud resources without any compromise on performance. You can also access new economic models – for example, paying only for the capacity you use, even for on-premises systems.
To find out more about how Northdoor can help you make the most of your existing storage assets, boosting their performance and cost-efficiency, and enable a smooth migration to a better future, email us, call us on: 020 7448 8500 or complete the form here.
Latest Blog Articles
Kaseya ransomware attack highlights the risk of supply chains
Keseya ransomware attack highlights the damage done by attacks that come into the organisation through trusted partners and suppliers .
As the threat from third parties and supply chain increases, more turn to automated solutions to help nullify increasingly sophisticated cyber-criminals
Northdoor helps companies obtain a real-time view of their supply chain vulnerabilities.